Wednesday, July 8, 2009

$5 lunch deal at The Smokehouse

Today, I had the opportunity to eat at the famous, "Smokehouse" restaurant in Jefferson, S.C. for lunch. Get this - $5.00 for an all you can eat buffet including tax and drink. Yes- $5.00! Let's just say this - I gorged myself with fried shrimp, pork tenderloin, fried chicken, barbecue, fries, and hush puppies - not to mention some soft-serve ice cream to top it off. I wasn't the only one in town who had heard about this deal. It was packed, even at 1:00 p.m.

It seems in this tough economy, there are a lot of "deals" to be found. Last night, the Brewster's Ice Cream shop near my house was offering free ice cream for two hours. I heard the line was unbelievable. How did I hear about these amazing deals going around? Well- to be honest someone heard about it and they shared it with me. Interesting concept, huh? As they shared about the Smokehouse deal and the Brewster's deal, they were pretty excited and convincing that I needed to try it. Of course, I have hit Smokehouse three times since.

I thought to myself , "How come we don't tell others about the real deal - Jesus Christ?" We tend to be more excited to tell others about how they can save money then sharing with them about true salvation. This idea really challenges me personally! Matthew 28:19-20 really lays it out for us clearly - Go and Tell! May we go and tell people about Jesus with the same zeal and enthusiasm as we would about free ice cream or the $5 lunch deal. Will that result in our churches being packed out? Not sure about that, but it will result in us being obedient to what God has called us to do! See you soon at the Smokehouse!

2 comments:

  1. If I only told one person about the Lord for every five that I've told about some "deal" the world has to offer---what a sobering thought!
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff, Rev! Love the blog. Great chattin' with ya today. And Happy 15th Wedding Anniv to you guys! Blessings. .josh.

    ReplyDelete