Saturday, April 24, 2010

Chase for the "bat"


As most of you know, I love baseball! Always have! I loved playing as a kid and even love playing softball as an adult. I am also a big yankees fan! In the year 2000, I was introduced to this game called fantasy baseball. It was a little difficult to understand how it worked, but I once I got started I loved it.

There were 9 other college buddies that started this league that we call, "The Fellas". Five of the guys ended up being pastors and a great competition began. We called it the chase for the bat. The winner of the league gets to keep the bat for an entire year. One of the neat things about the league is the way it helps keep all 10 guys in contact with each other for almost 6 solid months. There is a lot of junk talk, trades, and much more as we have a blast keeping up with our players.

Needless to say, the bat is back home this year safely in North Carolina. I had a great team last year and won it all and I hope I can defend my title. The 2009 championship was my 4th title since we started in 2000.

So here's to my boys; the Fellas - Meetze, Mac, Ruppe, Big Daddy, Rice, Perrin, Bridges, Breshears, Priddy! I love you, but I can't wait to beat you this year for title #5! Go yankees!

1 comment:

  1. Ok yes there has been talk in times past the Yankee's want Carlos Zambrano, but he will be a Cub forever, However if you want to borrow him from time to time perhaps we can make a deal ;) Carlos Silva will be a comeback player of the year now that he is in the Cubbie blues, CUBS WILL WIN IT ALL THIS YEAR GO CUBS :)

    I LOVE the CUBS and BASEBALL and have never played fantasy baseball however I know have friends that LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete