Thursday, December 17, 2009

"Crazy Love", Part II


Continuing with the thoughts about "lukewarm" people, here are the next 4 descriptions:

1. Lukewarm people are moved by stories about people who do radical things for Christ, yet they do not act. They assume such action is for "extreme" Christians, not average ones. Lukewarm people call "radical" what Jesus expected of all His followers.

2. Lukewarm people rarely share their faith with their neighbors, coworkers, or friends. They do not want to be rejected, nor do they want to make people uncomfortable by talking about private issues like religion.

3. Lukewarm people gauge their morality or "goodness" by comparing themselves to the secular world. They feel satisfied that while they aren't are as hard-core for Jesus as so-and-so, they are nowhere as horrible as the guy down the street.

4. Lukewarm people say they love Jesus, and He is, indeed, a part of their lives. But only a part. They give Him a section of their time, their money, and their thoughts, but He isn't allowed to control their lives.


Wow! Again, very strong and in my face. Don't dismiss these so quickly! Is it possible that one or some these are you? It is hard to look in the mirror, isn't it?

Psalm 139:23-24 says, "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." God sees what is truly in the mirror!

2 comments:

  1. I hate to admit it..........but "I are nowhere as horrible as the guy down the street" might have came out of my mouth a time or two.

    In the end folks while we are in human form it should be all about God, but in the end when we meet the Great I AM, it will be about what "I did or didn't do," while I was here.

    Merry Christmas......Yes it is still ok to SAY Merry Christmas.




























































































    I am guilty of Part II but #2 is much better. I am still falling short..........And need to work harder here too.

    ReplyDelete