Monday, November 30, 2009

Mission Accomplished!


Thanksgiving day started early at the Qualls' household! My brother-in-law, Rodney (see pic on front page) and I signed up to run the turkey trot as South Park in Charlotte. 6,000 people participated in this race and it was a blast. By the way an 8k is 5 miles, something I have never run before. I put my i-pod on some classic 80's songs and ran in my own world. Matter of fact, Kim and her sister Grace were on the side of the road cheering and I never saw them. Call that focus! :)

Rodney and I ran the last half-mile together which was pretty amazing considering how many people were running with us. My official time was 51:02, which I am very proud of. Next up is a 10-k and then who knows where I go from there. I really can't see my self running a half-marathon or a full marathon, but you never know. I never thought I would eat sushi or running in races in the first place. It is cool to surprise yourself by trying new things. Thanksgiving was a blast.....I have so much to be thankful for!!! The list would go on and on....but let's start and end today with a intimate relationship with the God of the universe who loves me beyond measure.......Amazing! I am a blessed man!

No comments:

Post a Comment