Friday, November 6, 2009

Fall Baseball


As most of you know, I am huge yankees fan! This has been a great fall as the yankees just wrapped up their 27th world series championship. I also happened to win in my fantasy baseball league this year. I know to some of you that does not mean much, but fantasy leagues are pretty huge, especially in football. And then comes my two boys who love baseball enough to play another season this year of fall ball.

I decided to be an assistant coach on there two teams, which has been really interesting, challenging, and fun. Matter of fact on Stephen's team it has been a lot of pressure. You see, I am the third base coach which determines whether a players runs or stays at second or third on certain plays. Last night, I had the dreaded honor of getting my first player thrown out at home. I felt bad for the kid, and hoped we would not lose by one run.

As fate would have it, we were behind one run in our last bat to win. Did I mention - this was the playoffs? Anyway, I was redeemed as the first player up hit an inside-the park home-run to tie it and we won the game with a walk-off double. I think I was excited more than the kids were!! :)

So, with only a few games to go, Stephen is one win away from playing for the championship. Ben is still playing in the losers bracket with two wins to go to make it to the championship. Will keep you posted if we can pull the "Qualls hat trick" with a third championship this fall. Have a great weekend everybody and I still can't believe we are playing baseball in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment