Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Happy 93rd Birthday!


Today is March 23rd, 2010. In the year 1917, Max White was born. He would turn out be my grandfather. He served in the army and fought during WWII. He has always lived in Virginia and was my best man in our wedding 16 years ago. (Check out the pic)


Max was the only grandad I ever knew. Grandaddy Qualls died before I was born and there were many times because of health issues that I thought Grandaddy White would not be around long, but he endured.
Grandaddy White taught me to fish. We did a lot of pier fishing at Virgina Beach. I absolutely loved getting up with him at 4:00 a.m. and going to the Waffle House for breakfast and being on the pier for the sunrise. We caught so many fish over the years. Grandad would always take my sister and I to the candy store and then to the local 7-11 for a slurpee! What great memories!

I remember his surprise 85th birthday where Kim and I flew in to make the party. My son, Benjamin made the trip as well from the comfort of inside his mother's belly. Ben was born 2 months later. The look on grandad's face was priceless when we got there that day.


The highlight was seeing my grandad come to know Jesus when I was 10 years old and seeing him baptized. I think the Lord for working in his life and giving me 38+ years with the best grandad in the world! Happy Birthday Grandad!! I love you!

1 comment:

  1. This is great! It brought back memories of my own Papa.

    ReplyDelete