Friday, October 2, 2009

To Drink or not to Drink



This is a big topic of discussion for many people in the 21st century, especially among religious circles. We take an in-depth look at what the Bible says about the subject this weekend at South Pointe Fellowship as we continue the "Q and A" series.

Everybody has an opinion don't they! I have to say, that I don't ever remember trying or drinking beer. The smell is terrible to me, nevertheless this is an issue within the church. There are arguments on both sides of the fence, but like everything else it comes down to what God says from His Word.

This is an issue that I have had plenty of conversations about over the years. One of the things I hear most from Christ-followers is that this is a "gray area". I highly disagree with that assessment. The Bible lays things out in black and white and we have the Holy Spirit inside of us to discern how we should live our lives.

Join us Sunday as we continue the discussion with a fresh look at what God would have us do as it comes to alcohol. For more info about this series, visit our website at www.southpointefellowship.org

No comments:

Post a Comment