Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thoughts from Catalyst Part II



Chuck Swindoll had an awesome message at the recent Catalyst conference in Atlanta that I thought you would like to read. His ministry has touched so many lives. It was neat to see the person I had heard on the radio for so long. Here are the 10 ten things he learned during almost 50 years of leadership:

1. It is lonely to lead.
2. It is hardest at home.
3. It is dangerous to succeed.
4. It is essential to be real.
5. It is painful to obey.
6. Brokenness and failure are necessary.
7. My attitude is more important than my actions.
8. Integrity eclipses image.
9. God's way is better than my way.
10. Christ-likeness begins and ends with humility.

By the way - Christmas is coming early this week at South Pointe. Don't miss the 10:45 service as Santa "Qualls" is coming to town. See ya Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment