Monday, September 21, 2009

The Joy of Baptism



Yesterday was a cool day! I had the privilege of baptizing my youngest child, Ben at South Pointe's first ever baptism on a Sunday a.m. I have baptized several 100 people over the last 13 years of ministry, but none more special than my 3 children.

Jesus displayed for us obedience by being baptized Himself in the Jordan River 2,000 years ago. Baptism has no saving power in and of itself, but is simply an act of obedience and serves as a symbol of what Jesus did for us as He died and was resurrected 3 days later.

Baptism is one of those things never gets old for this 38 year-old pastor and is something that should be celebrated by all who witness it. It was a special day for Ben, myself, our family, and the fellowship at South Pointe - one we will never forget and will continue to celebrate long after the 20th of September.

2 comments:

  1. That's a blessing. Cherish moments like these in the life of your children.

    ReplyDelete