Monday, August 10, 2009

Sushi Run anybody?


You ever not liked something even though you've never tried it? I have the reputation of being a somewhat picky-eater. I like steak, chicken, hamburgers, seafood, french fries, and most other things that are not healthy for you. However, a few of my buddies kept talking about sushi....I was like no way!!!

Several months ago, I thought, "you know I am getting to close to 40, why not try something new?" My first sushi experience was at Rusan's in Charlotte and it was a positive one. It was a buffet and had no signs up to know what I was eating. I later found out what some of it was and am thankful there were no signs up!

Fast forward to today - I can't get enough of it! Matter of fact I stopped by a sushi place in Spartanburg today to eat lunch and got some more sushi. Most people who know me pretty well are shocked I would eat it, especially my mother who knows what a picky-eater I was growing up. Perhaps you are like me, one that says -"No Way" without trying it. I tell you it is a whole new world to me now and it is actually a lot healthier than the hamburger and fries that many of us eat.

Drinking diet coke and eating sushi - what is this world coming too?

3 comments:

  1. i'm 41 and i still haven't tried sushi. i will be happy to let you have my share! i am just not feeling like i want to try it now or ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck!!! says ross

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like " NASTY" yes Gibson said it!! I read it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete